Stephen James Slocum
Stephen was born on a U. S. Military base in Germany, the youngest son of two American military parents, he was a U.S. citizen at birth, yet holds a German birth certificate. As a result of his father’s military career, Stephen grew up as a young man moving frequently. All this moving and changing schools allowed Stephen to learn how to adapt quickly and make new friends. This broad background upbringing gave him the skills to succeed in many diverse situations. After completing his military service in the Navy, Stephen went on to graduate from San Diego State University and had a long and successful career at a Fortune 100 company quickly excelling in a large multi-million-dollar communications systems sale and rapidly moving into senior management building are running his own profit center. Then in 2000 he founded his own nationwide technology company. He sold his position in the company he founded in 2009 to follow a lifelong aspiration of becoming a lawyer.
As a lawyer, Stephen work in Southern California until mover to Northern California and starting The Sterling Law Group, A P.C. in 2014. As a lawyer, Stephen has brought a lifetime of skills to become recognized by Super Lawyers as one of the area’s finest attorneys in Northern California. Stephen has successfully litigated very large and complex business and trust matters and has gained the reputation as on of the top “go to” lawyers for trust litigation in the State. With his decades of business success, he knows that often it is better to negotiate a reasonable settlement, saving the client’s time, money and aggravation. But there are other times when this is not possible, and to try is to waste time and money. Sometimes it takes fierce litigation to get justice.
- Faulkner University, Jones School of Law, Montgomery, Alabama
- Juris Doctor – 2012
- San Diego State University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science – 1980
- Major: Business Administration
- California, 2013
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- Nortel Networks: Every sales award that was ever offered, plus, the only person in the company’s 100-year history to be named salesman of the year twice.
- Nortel Networks: Masters Award for Executive of the Year.
- Super Lawyers
- Estate Planning
- Trust and Estate Administration
- Probate and Trust Litigation
- Trust Planning & Asset Protection
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Family Wealth Transfer
- Business Law: Business Formation, Administration, and Litigation
- Business Succession Planning
- Business Litigation Representation
- Business Formation
- Board of Director Services
- Private Investment Services
- United States Navy, Honorable Discharge 1976
- The Secrets of an Entrepreneur-Create Space, Create Space, BN: 9781492295532